Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Other Versions > F26 Development Forum
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

F26 Development Forum F26 Development Forum Pretty much exactly what it sounds like it is. This is the place to discuss and assist in the community development of F26. WARNING: Any pre-release versions, Beta included, are for experienced testers only. Back up all existing data and read all threads in the version Development Forum before attempting an install. Errors can and will likely occur which may include data destruction or inability to boot other partitions on any and possibly all attached hard drives. While FedoraProject needs and appreciates testers, you must remember to report issues directly to Bugzilla, after checking for pre-existing bugs.

Old 7th May 2017, 06:46 AM
cholerae Offline

linuxchrome
How to install the latest version of bochs on fedora 26?

First I install bochs using dnf package manager, the version installed is 2.6.2. But when I begin to emulate, I got a panic:
Code:
Bochs is exiting with the following message:
[     ] dlopen failed for module 'usb_uhci': /usr/lib64/bochs/plugins/libbx_usb_uhci.so: undefined symbol: _ZTV12usb_device_c
I googled this error message, and I found that this is a bug on this version of bochs.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...bx-usb-uhci-so
https://sourceforge.net/p/bochs/disc...read/58822184/

Then I went to the official page of bochs, and downloaded bochs-2.9.6-1.x86_64.rpm.

However, several dependencies failed:
Code:
	libvncclient.so.0()(64bit) is needed by bochs-2.6.9-1.x86_64
	libvncserver.so.0()(64bit) is needed by bochs-2.6.9-1.x86_64
	libwx_base-2.8.so.0()(64bit) is needed by bochs-2.6.9-1.x86_64
	libwx_base-2.8.so.0(WX_2.8)(64bit) is needed by bochs-2.6.9-1.x86_64
	libwx_gtk2_core-2.8.so.0()(64bit) is needed by bochs-2.6.9-1.x86_64
	libwx_gtk2_core-2.8.so.0(WX_2.8)(64bit) is needed by bochs-2.6.9-1.x86_64
Which packages provides these dynamic librarys? I can't find out.

Thanks.
Old 8th May 2017, 03:50 AM
cholerae Offline

linuxchrome
Re: How to install the latest version of bochs on fedora 26?

The bochs in package manager is already been updated to the latest version, problem solved.
Thanks!

Tags
bochs, dnf, fedora, install, latest, version