Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 7th October 2016, 05:40 PM
bobx001 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Unhappy Oooops, Panel keeps popping back up on mplayer fullscreen

Hello guys,

FC23 works, FC24 does not.

Sooooo, I have the following situation.

2 Mini PCs, one with FC23, the other with FC24.
Both running LXDM as a login splash screen, and Xfce as a window manager.
The 2 Mini PCs are connected to the TV.

I am using them to watch movies, keep something good in the background while I work, say Forbidden Planet.
I use mplayer in full screen mode.

I control these Mini PCs using synergy, I enter their screen, launch the movie, and bring the mouse back to my desktop for work.

Now, in mplayer full screen mode, the Xfce Panel disappears from view, which it should, however, when I move the mouse away from screen, the FC24 Mini PC pops the Xfce Panel back up, on top of the movie

The FC23 Mini PC works fine though as expected, Panel stays hidden under the movie.
This only works when using LXDM (with any other Display Manager, the behaviour is the same as FC24, i.e. Panel shows up again.

I have set up the Panel to auto-hide, but it still shows a line of a few pixels at the bottom, not good.

I would like to keep the FC24 Mini PC to watch movies, cuz it's a very quiet box (Asus E410), and I want to phase out the old MSI Mini PC which is too loud.

At this point, all I can do is to downgrade to FC23 on the Asus,

or ....................
Old 7th October 2016, 08:44 PM
bobx001 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Oooops, Panel keeps popping back up on mplayer fullscreen

Just to update all of you readers, I have switched my desktop manager to LXDE , and voilla, the panel stays hidden, even when the mouse leaves the screen. So I reckon my FC24 Movie PC will need to be fully LXDM+LXDE instead of LXDM+XFCE.

cheers.

Tags
fullscreen, mplayer, oooops, panel, popping