Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th July 2014, 05:54 AM
djl47 Offline

linuxfirefox
Odd color rendering in Firefox 30

When looking at http://imgur.com/gallery/Ksmj6yi what should be dark blue in the Finnish, Swedish and French flags render as a vivid purple.
When I save the image and view it in Shotwell the color renders as a dark blue.
It isn't every dark blue and I'm not noticing other odd colors.
When I looked at https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...ftheworld.html the colors render correctly.

Could someone look at the page and tell me if they see the same color rendering that I'm seeing?
Thanks

Last edited by djl47; 16th July 2014 at 06:19 AM.
Old 16th July 2014, 06:58 AM
ocratato Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Odd color rendering in Firefox 30

Interesting. I am seeing the same as you I think - some of the blues are more purple than blue.

I copied the image and viewed it with the Gnome Image Viewer and the blues render correctly.

I opened the image in GIMP and it renders as per Firefox ie purple. I used the colour picker to grab the colour - it is R,G,B = 63,72,204. This actually displays as blue in the GIMP colour dialog, but if you draw with it you get the purple colour.
Old 17th July 2014, 04:14 AM
djl47 Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Odd color rendering in Firefox 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocratato View Post
I opened the image in GIMP and it renders as per Firefox ie purple. I used the colour picker to grab the colour - it is R,G,B = 63,72,204. This actually displays as blue in the GIMP colour dialog, but if you draw with it you get the purple colour.
Reproduced what you describe. The color picker shows a dull dark blue, but when you paint it into an image you get a vivid purple. Interesting that Gnome shows the same purple as Firefox but Shotwell doesn't. Thanks for the test.

Update: Mozillazine Forums provided a clue through an old bug report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by therube
See if what's mentioned in Bug 629312 - Firefox displays wrong colors on image (only Linux) or related bugs helps?
Setting the switch to zero caused the color to render as blue in Firefox. This suggests the color management profile in the Fedora/Gnome distro needs some adjustment.

Last edited by djl47; 17th July 2014 at 04:47 AM.

Tags
color, firefox, odd, rendering