Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
  #1  
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:27 PM
trotel Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lima, Perú
Posts: 21
linuxchrome
[SOLVED] Skype installation problems x86_64

Hi, before when I tried to install skype in F17, I did it without problems but I formated my laptop and now (in F17 again) I try to install it and can't install it.

Well I see a lot of pages on internet and usually I use these command:

Code:
yum -y install libv4l.i686 pulseaudio-libs.i686 alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686
yum -y install ld-linux.so.2 libasound.so.2 libXv.so.1 libXss.so.1 libQtDBus.so.4 libQtGui.so.4
yum -y install libXv.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686 qt.i686 qt-x11.i686 pulseaudio-libs.i686 pulseaudio-libs-glib2.i686 alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686
yum -y install glibc.i686 qt.i686 qt-x11.i686 libXv.i686 alsa-lib.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686
yum -y install libXv.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686 qt.i686 qt-x11.i686 pulseaudio-libs.i686 pulseaudio-libs-glib2.i686 alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686
sudo rpm -ivh skype-2.2.0.8-fedora.i586.rpm
But now when I tried it this show me


Code:
error: Failed dependencies:
	libQtCore.so.4 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libQtDBus.so.4 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libQtGui.so.4 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libQtNetwork.so.4 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libQtXml.so.4 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libX11.so.6 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libXext.so.6 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libXss.so.1 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libXv.so.1 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libasound.so.2 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9.0rc4) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libc.so.6 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.7) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libdl.so.2 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libgcc_s.so.1 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libgcc_s.so.1(GCC_3.0) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libgcc_s.so.1(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libm.so.6 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libpthread.so.0 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.2) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.3.2) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	librt.so.1 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	librt.so.1(GLIBC_2.2) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libstdc++.so.6 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libstdc++.so.6(CXXABI_1.3) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.11) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.15) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.9) is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
help me please, I don't find any solution.

Last edited by trotel; 26th July 2012 at 06:23 AM. Reason: SOLVED
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:38 PM
nonamedotc Offline
Community Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,719
linuxfirefox
Re: Skype installation problems x86_64

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotel View Post
Hi, before when I tried to install skype in F17, I did it without problems but I formated my laptop and now (in F17 again) I try to install it and can't install it.

Well I see a lot of pages on internet and usually I use these command:

Code:
yum -y install libv4l.i686 pulseaudio-libs.i686 alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686
yum -y install ld-linux.so.2 libasound.so.2 libXv.so.1 libXss.so.1 libQtDBus.so.4 libQtGui.so.4
yum -y install libXv.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686 qt.i686 qt-x11.i686 pulseaudio-libs.i686 pulseaudio-libs-glib2.i686 alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686
yum -y install glibc.i686 qt.i686 qt-x11.i686 libXv.i686 alsa-lib.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686
yum -y install libXv.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686 qt.i686 qt-x11.i686 pulseaudio-libs.i686 pulseaudio-libs-glib2.i686 alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686
sudo rpm -ivh skype-2.2.0.8-fedora.i586.rpm
But now when I tried it this show me
Why are you trying to install Skype 2.2? Skype 4.0 installs without problems using yum. Since you have manually installed most/all of the dependencies, download the rpm for Skype 4 and install using yum. That's what the error also says!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotel View Post
Code:
error: Failed dependencies:
	libQtCore.so.4 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
	libQtDBus.so.4 is needed by skype-4.0.0.8-fc16.i586
        [ ... ]
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26th July 2012, 06:23 AM
trotel Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lima, Perú
Posts: 21
linuxfirefox
Re: Skype installation problems x86_64

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamedotc View Post
Why are you trying to install Skype 2.2? Skype 4.0 installs without problems using yum. Since you have manually installed most/all of the dependencies, download the rpm for Skype 4 and install using yum. That's what the error also says!
That was a mistake when I typed here because in my terminal I typed the actual version 4.0.0.8
I found the solution

I follow these steps

Code:
yum -y install alsa-lib.i686 fontconfig.i686 freetype.i686 glib2.i686 libSM.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686 libXi.i686 libXrandr.i686 libXrender.i686 libXv.i686 libstdc++.i686 pulseaudio-libs.i686 qt.i686

yum -y nstall pulseaudio-libs.i686 pulseaudio-libs-devel.i686 alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686 libv4l.i686 libXv.i686 libXv-devel.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686 libXScrnSaver.x86_64 libXScrnSaver-devel.i686 libXScrnSaver-devel.x86_64 qt.i686 qt-devel.i686

yum --nogpgcheck localinstall skype-4.0.0.8-fedora.i586.rpm
And work.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26th July 2012, 02:53 PM
smr54 Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,481
linuxopera
Re: Skype installation problems x86_64

I've found that with the latest skype and Fedora 17, there was no work involved. I downloaded the rpm, then just ran yum install skype-whatever and it pulled in all the necessary 32 bit libs.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26th July 2012, 03:17 PM
nonamedotc Offline
Community Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,719
linuxfirefox
Re: Skype installation problems x86_64

Quote:
Originally Posted by smr54 View Post
I've found that with the latest skype and Fedora 17, there was no work involved. I downloaded the rpm, then just ran yum install skype-whatever and it pulled in all the necessary 32 bit libs.
That's exactly been my experience too! In the earlier version, getting skype to work was such a hassle - not anymore.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
installation, problems, skype, x8664

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] F16-x86_64: Skype 2.2 window all black cocorocara Using Fedora 3 23rd January 2012 10:35 AM
[SOLVED] skype on x86_64 kde lmcogs F15 Development 5 14th March 2011 01:23 PM
qt4-x11 >= 4.2 is needed by skype-2.1.0.47-fc10.i586 (From Installation of SKYPE)RHEL miaomiaoga Using Fedora 2 8th June 2010 01:06 PM
Problems with Skype installation Setarkos Using Fedora 3 16th January 2010 03:30 PM
[Howto] Install Skype on Fedora 8 x86_64 mdim Guides & Solutions (No Questions) 13 23rd September 2009 11:50 PM


Current GMT-time: 09:26 (Thursday, 31-07-2014)

TopSubscribe to XML RSS for all Threads in all ForumsFedoraForumDotOrg Archive
logo

All trademarks, and forum posts in this site are property of their respective owner(s).
FedoraForum.org is privately owned and is not directly sponsored by the Fedora Project or Red Hat, Inc.

Privacy Policy | Term of Use | Posting Guidelines | Archive | Contact Us | Founding Members

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2012, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

FedoraForum is Powered by RedHat