Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th September 2012, 03:09 AM
vhradice Offline

linuxfirefox
Is Adobe dropping Flash development for Linux?

I was checking the Adobe web site to see if I had the latest version. As I was looking at
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

I see the message that

Flash Player 11.2 is the last supported Flash Player version for Linux. Adobe will continue to provide security updates.

There are versions 11.4 for Mac and windows.

Is Adobe trying to force us to go back to windows?

Is anyone else concerned about this issue?
Old 13th September 2012, 03:16 AM
deanej Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Is Adobe dropping Flash development for Linux?

More like they're trying to force people to use Chrome. That flash plugin is still being updated. I get the feeling that Adobe is trying to get out of the flash business but is having the same problems that Microsoft is having with XP, so they might be trying to drop support where people are less likely to complain and hope that this causes a mass migration to HTML 5 (which they have written development software for as well).
Old 13th September 2012, 03:24 AM
marko Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Is Adobe dropping Flash development for Linux?

Hopefully by the time it matters more, Firefox will support Pepper Api (which is the way Adobe seems to be going) which is a common source way to build flash plugins. Until then Adobe says they'll patch the current 11.2 one for security problems

Tags
adobe, development, dropping, flash, linux