Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd January 2013, 03:03 AM
hmaarrfk Offline

linuxchrome
Smile Mendeley x64 Pacakge

Hi.

I'm playing around with RPMs and figured I would try to package something useful for some.

I made an rpm for Mendeley 1.7.1 x64 http://www.mendeley.com/ because they currently give you a tar ball that you have to extract and put in a random directory.... and I hate that.....

That I uploaded
Github repo:
https://github.com/hmaarrfk/mendeley-rpm

It contains an RPM that has a .fc17.x86. It "works" to my knowledge with F17 and F18 64bit.

I stripped the original tar from any packaged libraries so it is definitely a lighter install than the original one.

I don't really have a fancy test setup so I am counting on your feedback to test if everything works.

Known bugs:
If you add it to favorites on Gnome 3 it will create a new icon when it opens... this is not a bug on my end but on Mendeley's end or Gnome 3's end.

Possible Bugs:
  1. The Link Handler probably doesn't work as of yet. (Mendeley does something really stupid like run the install scripts every time it opens, so I rewrote the run script myself -- which is literally nothing -- but it might not be complete).

Last edited by hmaarrfk; 31st January 2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 14th July 2013, 01:27 AM
hmaarrfk Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Mendeley x64 Pacakge

Hey all, just a little update, some of us have updated the mendeley package to now be much more Linux friendly and hopefully have a smoother mendeley experience.

We now have much better support for Gnome Shell:
- The icons look as Mendeley intended them to (this doesn't mean that they necessarily look awesome, but it is now really Mendeley's fault).
- The launcher should work well.

We also have experimented with 32 bit support (sorry we don't actually have 32 bit laptops to test this on), but there is no reason why the 32 bit packages shouldn't work.

You can download the releases at:
https://github.com/hmaarrfk/mendeley-rpm/releases
Old 14th July 2013, 07:47 AM
mschwendt Offline

linuxfirefox
Lightbulb Re: Mendeley x64 Pacakge

Quote:
%files
%{_bindir}/*
%{_libdir}/*
In case it stores shared libs directly %_libdir (and hence in run-time linker's search path), that means you would typically run /sbin/ldconfig in the %post and %postun sections.
Old 14th July 2013, 07:58 AM
hmaarrfk Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Mendeley x64 Pacakge

Ah I get it, it is explained here

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packag...ared_libraries

Thank you for your help, I remember skimming through all these websites back when I first started to package mendeley, but I didn't understand most of it.

Thanks .

Tags
mendeley, pacakge, x64