Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 14th October 2009, 01:16 AM
JK3MP Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
ICS with Linux

Okay so i've been successful in setting up ICS in Windows 7 Ultimate (Free FULL copy thanks to MS Program) quite easily for my mobile broadband to be shared out as a wifi. (AKA. Computer hooked into modem ethernet port on back of router and basically used my comp as a modem to share the connection out as wifi to the house. Easy enough. If its plugged into the modem plugin on router it shows up the little modem light on front (when comp is on and logged in), but on linux it doesn't. I assume i might need some sort of drivers? Another problem is i've never done this before and need some tips how this might be done, so far seems like a lot more work. But im willing to explore, especially since i know alot of other people in the same boat who use mobile broadband and wanna share it out to other computers w/o buying multiple lines or some shizz. Anywho, thanks ahead.

Tags
ics, linux

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search