Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th August 2012, 04:32 PM
TxBrewer Offline

windows_7ie
Fedora 16 will not boot

One of my Fedora servers was rebooted this morning and hung on the loading screen. I want to run fsck on the server but am unable to get to a prompt to do so. I am new with Fedora so any assistance would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

ETA - Found one of the problems. This is a VM and there are two other vm's running fedora, turns out the SAN they all run off of was updated over the weekend iwth new controller firmware which caused interuption to the VM's. When the other server was power cycled it popped up with the error, with the inconsistancy please run FSCK and that fixed them.

This server will not do this though, it just sits at the load up screen. How can I get to where I can run fsck under this situation?

Tags
boot, fedora

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On