Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th January 2010, 04:55 AM
action_owl Offline

linuxmozilla
nVidia troubleshooting, whole system is down

I was running a java sound app via processing when my computer locked up and I had to manually reboot.
After rebooting my screen resolution was wrong and the Display application in "System/Administration/Display" would not open.
I went to "Applications/System Tools/Nvidia display settings" and got an error that stated that I should run nvidia-config(or some similar command) as root, so I ran the command and rebooted, and I can't log in now.
The following is all that is displayed after entering in my hdd encryption key:

Code:
vibr0: starting userspace STP failed, starting kernel STP
lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
Can anyone help me get running again?

Thanks
Old 27th January 2010, 02:40 PM
zeland Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Looks like your current kernel doesn't have the nvidia modules compiled for it. Did you update your kernel recently? Try hitting Esc before fedora starts and select an earlier kernel to see if it starts.

Tags
nvidia, troubleshooting