Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd October 2011, 06:00 PM
Redsandro Offline

windows_7opera
Question Tomboy Sync with Ubuntu One - Y U NO WORK?

Since a search for Tomboy only comes up with very old threads, I am thinking that no one has a problem with it and something must be wrong on my end.

Sure, Gnote is the default replacement for Tomboy. Something with that Mono library people don't like, although same people often use Moonlight for which the library is installed anyway. But you know it's not really a replacement as long as synchronization isn't ported over yet.

And arguably, what are they waiting for? There's a working sync engine to examine in Tomboy (C#), Conboy (C) and Tomdroid (Java), and sync is one of the most 21st century features people are looking for in this kind of applications.

Aaanyway, I have been using Tomboy on my Windows and Ubuntu PC for a while now, and Conboy on my Nakio* N900. Now I wanted to be able to reach my notes from my Fedora 15 laptop, and to my surprise, I cannot connect to the Ubuntu One Notes?

https://one.ubuntu.com/notes/

It works on any other *boy implementation I use, but when I use the Service called Tomboy Web in the Synchronization tab of Tomboy Preferences, The Connect button will say Server Not Responding on click. It won't connect. Even though I can browse the exact same address just fine in the browser.

*) Seriously? I cannot mention my phone here? You know how unholy long I have been editing this post before I found out that it was Nakio that caused my post to get denied by the board?? Sorry, my first post here. Have to get used to your rules.

Old 4th October 2011, 04:35 AM
Redsandro Offline

linuxopera
Re: Tomboy Sync with Ubuntu One - Y U NO WORK?

Or perhaps we need a secret package to allow communication with Ubuntu One, one that is statically linked in the Windows version?

The most recent post I can find on the forum mentions an outdated repository at:
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/...one/fedora-13/

Some packages might be relevant but - if they still work with 15 at all - I don't know which ones I need. The 'ubuntu one client' stuff seems irrelevant because iirc that is the thing that causes file synchronisation. Ubuntu One Notes and Tomboy use no such thing.
Old 4th October 2011, 07:58 AM
leigh123linux Online
Retired Administrator

linuxfirefox

After 6 posts you will be able to use the word nokia, I implemented it to prevent spam.
Old 4th October 2011, 04:10 PM
Redsandro Offline

windows_7opera

Ah makes sense.

As for Tomboy.. anyone got some pointers?

It's a deal breaker for me. I use synced notes on all my computers and devices for a GTD workflow. My Fusion board will arrive this week. I'd like to put Fedora on there. It can't just be 'unable to connect to server' when the server is right there, can it? It's probably something simple. But I need at least one bone thrown before I can figure out the rest myself.

Tags
synchronization, ubuntu one