Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th January 2017, 07:48 PM
elmarts Offline

windows_7firefox
Re: Windows 10 is gone after installing Fedora workstation 25

Hmmm - this is worrisome. I have a functioning win7 64 bit installed on my SSD, with about half the SSD unallocated to make room for the Linux installation (Fedora-MATE_Compiz-Live-x86_64-25-1.3). The machine is UEFI (mobo ASRock H170M PRO4, BIOS version 7.10). I am concerned about installing to the SSD (first 2 partitions are a windows system reserved of 100MB, and the C drive of 125 GB; 100 GB remaining unallocated). Anyone see problems or things I really need to be careful of? I really do need my Win7 OS to be functional. - Elmar
Old 12th January 2017, 04:50 PM
TruboXL Offline

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

You definitely need to use Windows 10 DVD/USB to repair...
Old 13th January 2017, 03:43 PM
allocated Offline

linuxfedorachrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruboXL View Post
You definitely need to use Windows 10 DVD/USB to repair...
Quote:
Originally Posted by topiwala View Post
If your windows cannot boot using EFI manager than it will not using Grub. I would advise you to make a windows 10 usb/dvd and repair installation.

Yeah I think i've got that now pretty much.... no other way to do it internally it seems. But the problem is it isn't even booting from Live media (USB) or CD/DVD that has a windows image burned in it. As I mentioned earlier it accepts it as a bootable device AND boots from it if it's a linux live media but for windows it doesn't even register it as a disc.

I think i'll ask Dell Service center for help, see if they can do something with it....

Tags
fedora, grub 2, installing, windows, workstation