Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th January 2017, 06:46 PM
0Ecliptica0 Offline

windows_7chrome
A Few Issues

Hi, everyone. I'm hoping someone can help with a couple of issues I'm having with a live CD of Fedora 25 (Mate-Compiz Desktop). I apologize if this has already been asked somewhere else.

I have two laptops that I use - one Windows 7 computer and a new computer that I put Linux Mint on.

On my Windows 7 laptop, I can boot right into Fedora 25 and get to the desktop. However, I can't seem to set up wireless Internet through NetworkManager. The only options that appear in NetworkManager are "Ethernet" and under Ethernet is "Wired connection 1."

I have CenturyLink and its connection doesn't appear. I also received an error message when first logging into the desktop that said: "Mate session crashed."

I decided to try using the CD on my new computer (the one with Linux Mint on it). On that computer, Fedora does not appear in the Grub menu and simply will not boot, even after I updated the Grub via the terminal. I'm completely new to Fedora, so for all I know these are easy fixes. I apologize for the length of the post. If this is the wrong place to post this, I'd really appreciate it if it could be moved to the proper place. Thanks in advance.

Tags
issues