Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 10th January 2017, 01:22 AM
Raafi Offline

linuxfirefox
DNF - Lost power during update, now package won't install

During a dnf update, my laptop died, and when i had to restart, this happened

Code:
# dnf upgrade flac-libs
Last metadata expiration check: 1:01:35 ago on Mon Jan  9 19:10:48 2017.
Dependencies resolved.
================================================================================================================================
 Package                        Arch                      Version                            Repository                    Size
================================================================================================================================
Upgrading:
 flac-libs                      i686                      1.3.2-1.fc25                       updates                      217 k

Transaction Summary
Upgrade  1 Package

Total size: 217 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
[SKIPPED] flac-libs-1.3.2-1.fc25.i686.rpm: Already downloaded                                                                  
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing 'dnf clean packages'.
Error: Transaction check error:
  file /usr/share/doc/flac-libs/AUTHORS from install of flac-libs-1.3.2-1.fc25.i686 conflicts with file from package flac-libs-1.3.1-6.fc24.x86_64
  file /usr/share/doc/flac-libs/COPYING.Xiph from install of flac-libs-1.3.2-1.fc25.i686 conflicts with file from package flac-libs-1.3.1-6.fc24.x86_64
  file /usr/share/doc/flac-libs/README from install of flac-libs-1.3.2-1.fc25.i686 conflicts with file from package flac-libs-1.3.1-6.fc24.x86_64

Error Summary
-------------
when i tried to remove flac-libs and replace it, it wanted to wipe out 100 different programs

any suggestions? Thanks in advance

(edit) i did the dnf clean packages and the same thing happened)
Old 10th January 2017, 10:45 AM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: DNF - Lost power during update, now package won't install

Split to new thread as it warrants it's own separate topic. It isn't the same issue as having a mixture of i686 and x86_64 packages present so I've done this to avoid you getting conflicting advice.
| Live ISO Respins containing post-release updates
Old 10th January 2017, 11:14 AM
Raafi Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikythera View Post
Split to new thread as it warrants it's own separate topic. It isn't the same issue as having a mixture of i686 and x86_64 packages present so I've done this to avoid you getting conflicting advice.
thanks a bunch
Old 10th January 2017, 03:04 PM
SteveGYBE Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Check whether the crash has left you with more than one version of any software package for a specific architecture, which can cause problems like you describe
Code:
dnf repoquery --duplicated
If you have duplicated packages, "man dnf.plugin.repoquery" suggests using the following command to clean up the older duplicated packages (again, check it will not remove too many dependencies before responding "y" to run!)
Code:
dnf remove $(dnf repoquery --duplicated --latest-limit -1 -q)
If that gets rid of any "flac-libs" packages, then try your update again...
Old 10th January 2017, 04:06 PM
Raafi Offline

linuxfirefox

Code:
# dnf repoquery --duplicated
Fedora 25 - x86_64 - Updates                                                                    2.6 MB/s |  15 MB     00:05    
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:21 ago on Tue Jan 10 10:59:08 2017.

flac-0:1.3.1-6.fc24.x86_64
flac-0:1.3.2-1.fc25.x86_64
flac-libs-0:1.3.1-6.fc24.x86_64
flac-libs-0:1.3.2-1.fc25.x86_64

Code:
dnf remove $(dnf repoquery --duplicated --latest-limit -1 -q)
...many before
breeze-cursor-theme                      noarch        5.8.4-1.fc25                              @updates                 11 M
 breeze-icon-theme                        noarch        5.27.0-2.fc25                             @updates                 16 M
 bzip2-libs                               x86_64        1.0.6-20.fc24                             @koji-override-0         68 k
 f24-kde-theme-core                       noarch        5.8.4-1.fc25                              @updates                333 k
 fedy                                     noarch        4.2.2-0.fc25                              @folkswithhats            0  
 fedy-core                                noarch        4.2.2-0.fc25                              @folkswithhats          116 k
 fedy-plugins                             noarch        4.2.2-0.fc25                              @folkswithhats           29 k
 flac                                     x86_64        1.3.1-6.fc24                              @fedora                 747 k
 flac-libs                                x86_64        1.3.1-6.fc24                              @koji-override-0        542 k
 ...many more
Is there a way to remove/replace just the flac-libs conflict which is affecting my dnf update?
Old 10th January 2017, 04:17 PM
SteveGYBE Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

I would try using RPM to remove the older flac-libs packages with the "--nodeps" flag to ignore any dependent packages (dependencies should still actually be satisfied by the more recent versions). As root do the following
Code:
rpm -e --nodeps flac-0:1.3.1-6.fc24.x86_64 flac-libs-0:1.3.1-6.fc24.x86_64
Old 10th January 2017, 04:46 PM
Raafi Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikythera View Post
Steve, you da man

it worked like a charm, thanks

Tags
dnf, install, lost, package, power, update