Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th April 2012, 08:51 AM
atar1 Offline

linuxfirefox
Question remove duplicates.

Hi there!!

When I'm using the YUM command from the Terminal for updtae or search for packages, it prompt me every time that there are unfinished transactions that I should finish them with the "yum-complete-transaction" command and although I ran this command several times, it still persist to prompt me the above message.

In addition, it prompt me on many packages that they are duplicated and I don't know how to remove the duplicates packages.

Any help will be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

atar.
Old 26th May 2012, 08:37 PM
lovyagin Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: remove duplicates.

Probably you've terminated update process, so some packages have been updated but older version haven't removed. If yum-complete-transaction really doesn't help (what the output by the way?) You may try to remove duplicates manually. Select older version of each package and run as root
Code:
rpm -e package1_name-version package2_name-version ... packageN_name-version
(putting version of older package into the command is important!)

Also you'd better to save list of duplicate packages and reinstall them after deleting older

Code:
yum reinstall package1_name package2_name ... packageN_name
in a case newer version haven't updated properly or damaged.

Run
Code:
yum check
to find any problems in package database like missing dependences and duplicates.

Tags
duplicates, remove