Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:27 PM
boinc Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
Re: Graphic adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterpants View Post
OP, which video card are you aiming to work with?

The ATI (as originally stated) or the on-board (yes, Nvidia based) video?
I'm trying to use the ATI card, since the on-board is disabled once the BIOS (I assume) detect a graphic card.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM CDT ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM CDT ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelaworkn View Post
Your motherboard chipset is Nvidia. So, maybe it's just preference thing, but if your Chipset is Nvidia and then you plan on setting up an ATI video card, you might have some issues. If it were me, and it is is not, but if it were me, I would try to use my onboard graffics, or go exchange the ATI card for an Nvidia card.
If you, or someone else would suggest which graphic card I can use (without much touble) when using FC12, I would be very glad

I'm in the process of building a new quad core workstation with FC12. I already have bought an ASUS M4A79T deluxe mother board with an AMD Phenom II X4 processor and 8 Gb memory. The ATI graphic card was intended to be used on this, but after I had the problem with the machine I'm working with now, I used it on this one. So I need to buy a new card anyway.

Tags
graphic driver