Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th June 2012, 10:53 AM
Argedion Offline

linuxfirefox
Kicked out, Logged back in! WTH

Fedora 17
Gnome 3.4

I was putting together some information I need to help my process of reinstalling all my settings and programs back to the computer I needed to open up a folder to get the name of some stuff I clicked on the folder and BAM I'm facing my login Screen. I login and open up my file and see that some work did not survive the ugly ordeal. (Not a real biggie I knew what to put back) This is the first time any Fedora has done this to me. Yes I'm using Gnome 3.4 and no the solution is not to abandon my choice of Desktops. I really don't care for KDE and XFCE even though nice has its limitations and you pretty much have Gnome there anyway's Enlighten is a bit more than I need to bite on trying to learn. I'm still learning how to think about using the CLI over the GUI Any Idea's? Also please be specific don't say check this log or that log give me an idea of where they are. I have so much stuff on this thing (99% personal stuff) It would take way to long for me to figure out where the log is.

Last edited by Argedion; 4th June 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 4th June 2012, 11:58 AM
SteveGYBE Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Kicked out, Logged back in! WTH

Have a look in "Applications / System Tools / Automatic Bug Reporting Tool" - that will list any program crashes you have had. I run Cinnamon desktop extension for Gnome 3 and get similar things from time to time.

You can also look in the Message log - file "/var/log/messages". You will need root access to read this. If you prefer a GUI, there is "Applications / System Tools / Log File Viewer" which will ask for the appropriate password and give you access to the various log files under /var/log.

Last edited by SteveGYBE; 4th June 2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 4th June 2012, 12:25 PM
Argedion Offline

Cool when I get off work today i'll check it out. I have to check the /var I removed abrt.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 5th June 2012, 05:19 PM
bigant Offline

BTW do you have proprietary graphics drivers enabled? I had same problem with the proprietary NVIDIA driver.

Last edited by bigant; 5th June 2012 at 07:49 PM.

Tags
kicked, logged, wth