Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd July 2012, 09:33 PM
AMan4X Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Gdm Custom.conf Help (I Think)

First, hello, everyone. I often end up here when I'm trying to get something working on my Linux boxes, but I only just now joined the forum.

I think I only need to get all the entries correct in custom.conf to achieve what I'm trying to do, but, hey, I'm divorced, so we all know I make mistakes!

Here's the deal: I stumbled upon an opportunity to get a few laptops at next to nothing, and I want to have all of them to boot into a chooser where I can select which machine will be providing the display manager for a given machine's X server.

I'm at a point now where I can set the run level on a laptop to level 3, run X with an option of either query or indirect, and log into at least my current desktop.

When I do this on say, laptop_1, my desktop machine shows up in the chooser window, but laptop_1 does not.

OK, it seems to me this would be a standard configuration for gdm and custom.conf. Anyone know how to make all my machines boot up, show a chooser window that includes all running machines on the network (including the one displaying the chooser window)?

Thanks, everyone.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Oh, I'm running fedora 12 on all of them. Yeah, I know it's not the latest, but they didn't have enough memory for the latest fedora, and I had an installation DVD for fedora 12.

Thanks again.
Old 23rd July 2012, 12:34 AM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: Gdm Custom.conf Help (I Think)

F12? Moved to EOL.

Tags
customconf, gdm