Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th December 2013, 10:28 PM
BOBofBORG Offline

windows_7chrome
Updating Tripwire twpol.txt after using Fedup?

Hi Everybody.

I've been using Fedora and Tripwire for a long time. I was just wondering in how you would update the tripwire policy file after using Fedup (or previoiusly Yum) to update the system? I've discovered that i have a very old policy file and didn't know if i should update it to include any newer system files that perhaps are included in newer versions of Fedora? But i cant spend hours/days to find every new file that should be included to let me know what should be monitored.

I've searched on the web but really cant find anything pertaining to this topic. Also it seems that when you update, it doesn't copy the new twpol.txt file into a new file (like other conf files do).

What are the suggestions for this?

Tags
fedup, tripwire, twpol, twpoltxt, updating

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Use fedup 0.8 to upgrade to Fedora 20! (FedUp F19->F20 fails after reboot) TarrasQ Installation, Upgrades and Live Media 57 27th October 2014 05:59 PM
Problem updating from FC18 to FC 19 using fedup mdb Installation, Upgrades and Live Media 1 12th July 2013 05:30 AM
Newbie Editing fstab, disks.txt, and mounts.txt after Fedora Live CD Install tlcoons Installation, Upgrades and Live Media 11 22nd January 2010 01:09 AM
A single txt file in home folder with a lock on it saying t1 just 1 line of txt in it dj-toonz Using Fedora 2 4th October 2009 12:27 PM
[how?] md5sum http://www.someurl.com/txt.txt 00linux Using Fedora 5 15th May 2006 09:07 PM

Current GMT-time: 08:45 (Saturday, 20-12-2014)

TopSubscribe to XML RSS for all Threads in all ForumsFedoraForumDotOrg Archive
logo

All trademarks, and forum posts in this site are property of their respective owner(s).
FedoraForum.org is privately owned and is not directly sponsored by the Fedora Project or Red Hat, Inc.

Privacy Policy | Term of Use | Posting Guidelines | Archive | Contact Us | Founding Members