Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th March 2017, 01:59 PM
intermediatelin Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Overnight Crash of Fedora 25 Laptop

I installed Fedora 25 on a Dell laptop last week, and love it. But every morning, when I get into the office, the machine is frozen, and I need to cycle the power.

I would normally look in the logs, but Fedora uses journalctl with which I'm not familiar. I did try..

Code:
myname ➜  ~  %{journalctl| grep -i crash
mars 14 17:53:53 myname kernel: [drm] The gpu crash dump is required to analyze gpu hangs, so please always attach it.
mars 14 17:53:53 myname kernel: [drm] GPU crash dump saved to /sys/class/drm/card0/error
mars 15 23:54:38 myname kernel: [drm] The gpu crash dump is required to analyze gpu hangs, so please always attach it.
mars 15 23:54:38 myname kernel: [drm] GPU crash dump saved to /sys/class/drm/card0/error
mars 16 15:44:04 myname abrt-hook-ccpp[22174]: If abrtd crashed, /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern contains a stale value, consider resetting it to 'core'
Not really much use. I was off last Friday (so the last time I actually used the laptop would have been March 16 at around 17:00.

Can anyone give any pointers?

Tags
crash, fedora, laptop, overnight