Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th May 2012, 07:01 AM
S3pHiroTh Offline

linuxfirefox
How to turn off Media Card Reader

Hello,
I'm a new Fedora's user but I have a little problem when I power off my computer.
I have assembled this computer:
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Intel i7-3770
Seasonic X-Fanless
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
Plextor DVD burner
Icy Box IB-865-B Media Card Reader

The Media Card Reader is an USB3.0 reader and it is connected on usb3.0 internal header of the system board.

The problem is that when I power off my PC, the media card reader led, the one that shows me if the media card reader is on, remains on.

I use Fedora 17 beta, but I have tried different linux distributions but the problem is the same. This problem doesn't happen when using Windows.

Any suggestions?
Thank you and regards
Old 12th May 2012, 08:27 AM
george_toolan Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: How to turn off Media Card Reader

This is probably a feature of your motherboard.

Check your efi/bios setup and enable all power saving options including EuP 2013 and disable all wake on usb et al options.
Old 12th May 2012, 11:31 AM
S3pHiroTh Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: How to turn off Media Card Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by george_toolan View Post
This is probably a feature of your motherboard.

Check your efi/bios setup and enable all power saving options including EuP 2013 and disable all wake on usb et al options.
Thanks for the answer, but I have tried many combination of BIOS option but no one is useful for this problem.

I think that this problem isn't a BIOS option problem, but a linux problem (maybe I have to set some option at startup or at shutdown) because in Windows everything works normally.
The keyboard and mouse are shutted down normally (when computer is powered off I can't switch on Block Num for example)

Any other suggestions?

Last edited by S3pHiroTh; 12th May 2012 at 11:34 AM.

Tags
card, media, reader, turn