Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Other Versions > F26 Development Forum
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

F26 Development Forum F26 Development Forum Pretty much exactly what it sounds like it is. This is the place to discuss and assist in the community development of F26. WARNING: Any pre-release versions, Beta included, are for experienced testers only. Back up all existing data and read all threads in the version Development Forum before attempting an install. Errors can and will likely occur which may include data destruction or inability to boot other partitions on any and possibly all attached hard drives. While FedoraProject needs and appreciates testers, you must remember to report issues directly to Bugzilla, after checking for pre-existing bugs.

Old 20th April 2017, 04:53 AM
Bert Rolston Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Running Fedora 26 on HP ElitePad 900

Hi folks,

I'm doing some "research" about installing F26 on an HP ElitePad 900 that used to run Windows 8.1

The specs are
Processor Atom Z2760 @ 1.8GHz
Memory 2GB
Hard Drive SanDisk SEM64g - 64GB
Connections Wifi
Form Factor 10.1" Tablet

I've tried Google searching on this forum and the web with limited success.
What little I've seen suggests this isn't possible, yet I've installed previous versions of Fedora on Intel Atom dual cores.

Has anyone tried this using Fedora?
If not have you heard of any other distros that may be suitable.

According to the Google forums Android won't install, and neither will an older version of Ubuntu Touch.

TIA,
Bert

"Thus, or perhaps better!"
Old 20th April 2017, 07:35 AM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome
Re: Running Fedora 26 on HP ElitePad 900

try the lighter xfce or lxde spins if you can manage to disable secure boot, setting an admin password is sometimes necessary within OEM BIOS to access this setting but be careful to make a note of the password for future reference or remove it again striaght afterwards. it may also be necessary to install to a USB thumb drive rather than the internal storage.

I think workstation itself maybe a bit too resource intensive for that system to deal with, in theory there is no reason it shouldn't run one of lighter spins. in practice it depends just how restrictive the HP configuration is because searching the internet gives me the impression you won't likely get far with it either.
| Live ISO Respins containing post-release updates

Tags
900, elitepad, fedora, hewlett packard, running