Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th December 2011, 05:21 AM
Dimon22 Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
Re: How to set up bridge? (wlan0-eth0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gödel View Post
So let's just check: the internet connected computer has wifi on wlan0 with an 192.168.*.* address and you have set masquerading for wlan0 in the firewall gui. Then you have set eth0 on the internet connected computer to 10.0.0.1.

Now, on the other computer you have disabled NetworkManager, set eth0 to 10.0.0.2 and added the gateway (route add default gw 10.0.0.1) and there were no errors?

Can you ping 4.2.2.4 from the internet connected computer?
Yes, exactly as you've said. I can even ping both 10.x from each nodes respectively. But I can't reach outside IP's from the 10.0.0.2 box.
Old 17th December 2011, 12:28 PM
Gödel Offline

linuxfirefox

that should work, maybe you have some other weird configuration, instead try the 'Shared to other computers' setting for wireless in NetworkManager (on the internet connected computer) under IPv4 Settings -> Method

(this essentially does the masquerading/ip forwarding thing, but it may report any other issues I haven't thought of)

(incidentally, you don't need to set ip forwarding if you set masquerading in the firewall gui, since it sets that automatically, this makes me think you have not done it correctly, so try NetworkManager which has a setting to do the same thing - and should also route dns queries automatically)
Old 18th December 2011, 05:15 PM
Dimon22 Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox

Yes, I tried jjcf89 solution too and have the same result - no access to external IPs.
And I already fixed all that, by placing my comp2 into the basement and hooking it up the the router's wired port. I understand I gave it up, but at least it works now...
Old 21st December 2011, 02:36 AM
stevea Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Might help to post
ip addr
ip route

from both systems.
Old 29th September 2013, 08:43 AM
luisgg Offline

windows_7chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gödel View Post
So let's just check: the internet connected computer has wifi on wlan0 with an 192.168.*.* address and you have set masquerading for wlan0 in the firewall gui. Then you have set eth0 on the internet connected computer to 10.0.0.1.

Now, on the other computer you have disabled NetworkManager, set eth0 to 10.0.0.2 and added the gateway (route add default gw 10.0.0.1) and there were no errors?

Can you ping 4.2.2.4 from the internet connected computer?
Gödel, can you please tell me how I can share my wireless internet connection via ethernet, but using DHCP on the 2nd computer, instead of using static IP's? Thank you in advance.
Old 29th September 2013, 04:12 PM
Gareth Jones Offline
Official Gnome 3 Sales Rep. (and Adminstrator)

linuxfirefox

luisgg, please start a new thread for your question rather than reawakening an old thread. NetworkManager is quite capable of doing what you ask these days, so resorting to low-level configuration is unnecessary. Please in include the Fedora version in your post. Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
bridge, network