Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th December 2009, 05:26 AM
Tieum Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Nautilus issue

Hello,

I am having a strange issue with nautilus. One user can use it fine. One user does not see the icons on the desktop when he logs in and cannot start nautilus. If he tries from the console he gets the message:

Quote:
(nautilus:2453): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Error while sending message: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Also whenever he logs out, he gets a warning that file manager is not responding.

Since one user is OK, I assume it is not related to the machine setup but to some user profile thing. Which files under the user profile can I change/delete to reset nautilus?

Thanks,

Tieum

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM CST ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:34 PM CST ----------

I tried deleting the user and creating a fresh one, but the issue is still there. Also after the user logs out, a nautilus process belonging to that user is still running

Last edited by Tieum; 9th December 2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 8th December 2009, 02:37 PM
mp663 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
I have the same issue. Any updates on this?
Old 9th December 2009, 06:27 AM
Tieum Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
I finally nailed it down to gstreamer.

I deleted then reinstall gstreamer-plugins-bad ans gsteamer-plugins-ugly and everything is fine now.

Tags
nautilus