Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th April 2012, 11:53 PM
Amathor Offline

linuxfirefox
Help with Compiz 0.9.5 on GNOME please!

I'm trying to get Compiz to work on GNOME 3.2. I sucessfully instlaled the compiz packages needed and logged out of GNOME shell and logged in with the option "Classic GNOME with Compiz"

I can get *some* compiz features working, however alot of the time when I enable/disable/change a plugin in compiz, it crashes, and I have to restart X to get my desktop back to a useable state. I went ahead and setup Compiz through GNOME shell and logged back into classic mode, compiz seems to be working fairly well, with some graphical glitches.

For example, if there is a program window open, and i close it, the program closes, but parts of (or the whole window) will remain until another program is clicked on. Sometimes i have to drag another program over the parts of the screen where the left-overs are to get them to dissapear.

Also I'm unable to get diffrent backgrounds on each of my work spaces, i'm not quite sure why.

Tags
compiz, gnome

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search