Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd November 2009, 02:41 PM
BillLee Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Question Need MySQL extension in OpenOffice

I need to have the MySQL extension available in OpenOffice. I am using the OO that comes from the F11 distro. I downloaded and installed the MySQL Connector from the OO website: http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/node/2415 but OO does not recognize the extension other than through the "Extension Manager" None of the features of the extension show up in e.g., writer.

I visited the OO wiki for MySQL Connector (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/...SQL_Native/1.0) and right up front it says

"Please use "vanilla" OpenOffice.org: As with all extensions containing binary code, they're potentially incompatible with other OpenOffice.org distributions (like the one from your favorite Linux distribution), and are not necessarily expected to work with them. If you're using an OpenOffice.org build obtained elsewhere, e.g. by your favorite Linux distributor, then please ask this source to also provide the MySQL Connector for OpenOffice.org. "

O.k., how do I get the F11 distro to supply an OO with the MySQL Connector provided?

Here is my environment:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091027 Fedora/3.5.4-1.fc11 Firefox/3.5.4
OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 )))310m19 (Build:9420)

Thanks.

Bill Lee
Old 5th November 2009, 01:14 PM
BillLee Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
What does it take to affect the content of a distro? I would rather work with the distro and automatic updating then have to wander all over the 'net grabbing packages here and there, not knowing for sure what you're getting, and not knowing if/when updates are needed.

Regards,

Bill Lee
Old 8th November 2009, 03:16 AM
BillLee Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Doesn't ANYBODY have any answers?
Old 8th November 2009, 03:41 AM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

linuxopera
Perhaps GoOo has the required extensions ? Or might be compatible/work with the plug-in that you mentioned ??
http://go-oo.org/download/ and see "Universal Linux". A YUM repo is available for maximum convenience. Note that you will first have to remove your "stock" OOorg stuff. I have not searched their repos to see if the MySQL stuff is in there, but I use the basic GoOo suite, and it works... adequately. Mostly.

V

Last edited by Hlingler; 8th November 2009 at 03:44 AM.

Tags
extension, mysql, openoffice