Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th August 2013, 08:14 AM
iammik Offline

linuxfirefox
Fedup reboot hang

I tried using fedup twice to upgrade from F18 to F19 and the same problem keeps occuring at reboot.
Grub selects the first item (which is the upgrade option), then the fedora symbol loads with the completion bar just a little filled. The bar continues to flash, but it never moved pass that point. I have left the computer on overnight.

When I hit esc, the screen gives some diagnostic messages which all say [OK]. The last 3 lines of which are
[OK] Reached Target Paths
[OK] Reached Target Basic System
[OK] Reached Target Initrd Default Target

It then has a line for Welcome to Spherical Cow (yes, F18)

I can also hit a button to revert back to the fedora symbol, except now it is only in silouette(sp) form.

And hitting another button just prints out the diagnostic messages underneath the first message. (can be done repeatedly)

I have to choose the 2nd option in grub to log into a usable state.

Please let me know which other logs or info I would need to post or how to get more diagnostic information. I tried looking through /var/log, but nothing interesting seem to come up.

Thanks.

Tags
fedup, hang, reboot, schroedinger's cat