Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th February 2009, 03:28 PM
nt4cats Offline

Cool "window rules" compiz plugin not working

I'm running F10 x86_64 and it is up-to-date. I'm using the fusion-icon to run compiz. I get the wobbly windows, desktop cube, etc.

I can run compizconfig and many of the settings work just fine (e.g. selecting the window switcher, changing key combinations used to trigger certain actions) ... but the "window rules" plugin does not seem to work at all.

I've been alternating between using gkrellm and google gadgets. I want them on all the faces of my desktop cube. If I go into gkrellm's configuration and toggle the 'sticky' window rule, it works. If I go to the window rules plugin and tell it all windows with the window class of gkrellm are sticky, it doesn't work. I thought this was something special to do with gkrellm, but if I try (for test purposes only) to add ANY window as "sticky" using the window rule plugin (e.g. firefox, shell windows, etc.), it doesn't work.

It also seems to ignore my "skip pager" and "skip taskbar" settings.

Any suggestions?
Old 21st February 2009, 12:40 AM
NoSkill Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nt4cats View Post
Any suggestions?
This may or may not work, but have you enabled the "RegEx Matching" plugin?
Old 21st February 2009, 02:38 PM
nt4cats Offline

You're a genius -- that did the trick. If you're ever in the Philadelphia area I'll buy you a cheesesteak.

Tags
compiz, plugin, window rules, working