Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd October 2009, 03:40 AM
kwr2k Offline

linuxsafari
Unhappy Cannot boot LiveCD on my HP 6530b

Hi,

I have downloaded F12 beta KDE LiveCD x86_64 and checked its SHA1 sum to be okay. I have then burned it onto a standard CD but it does not boot at all.

When I insert the disk and reset the laptop, it shows me the manufacturer's logo screen and the CD keeps spinning in the drive. I have tried changing sever BIOS options but to no avail.

I have to say that this laptop has 6 different linux distributions already installed, both i386 and x86_64 variety. The laptop hardware supportes 64-bit linux as I already have Ubuntu Karmic 64-bit going on it.

Sorry, since the CD refuses to go beyond the BIOS intro screen, I cannot post any more information.

I have also downloaded and burned the ISO multiple time just to be sure!

Tags
boot problem, fedora 12 beta

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On