Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th March 2017, 06:44 PM
lemgruber Offline

windows_7chrome
Mult proxy configuration

Hello, I'm a starter in the linux World.

I'm trying to configure a connection with a proxy to use the YUM at my job, but in my Fedora OS I don't have the YUM.CONF, I just have a YUM.REPOS.D .

How can I configure the proxy in this repository?
Old 29th March 2017, 08:24 PM
SteveGYBE Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Mult proxy configuration

Over the past couple of years, Fedora has replaced YUM with a re-written and tidied-up version ( ) called DNF. DNF's configuration file is /etc/dnf/dnf.conf, but the options are largely the same as were used in yum.conf.

You can check the commands as there is a manual page for this configuration file - enter "man dnf.conf" - but these are the lines that you are probably interested in
Quote:
proxy string

URL of a proxy server to connect through. If none is specified then direct connection is used (the default).

proxy_username string

The username to use for connecting to the proxy server. Empty by default.

proxy_password string

The password to use for connecting to the proxy server. Empty by default.
If I remember, the above are unchanged from yum.conf.
Old 29th March 2017, 09:20 PM
lemgruber Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGYBE View Post
Over the past couple of years, Fedora has replaced YUM with a re-written and tidied-up version ( ) called DNF. DNF's configuration file is /etc/dnf/dnf.conf, but the options are largely the same as were used in yum.conf.

You can check the commands as there is a manual page for this configuration file - enter "man dnf.conf" - but these are the lines that you are probably interested inIf I remember, the above are unchanged from yum.conf.
Great!!! I`ts working now, thank you very much!

But, I`m thinking if i can do a custon "script" inside this dnf.conf, to disable this proxy when I use my laptop at home.

I searched the are something like this:

Quote:
if (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "192.168.1.0", "255.255.255.0") ||
isInNet(myIpAddress(), "192.168.2.0", "255.255.255.0"))
{
return "PROXY proxy1.university.edu:8080; PROXY proxy2.university.edu:8080; DIRECT";
}
else
{
return "DIRECT";
}
can I use something like this?
Old 29th March 2017, 10:04 PM
SteveGYBE Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

I don't think so - the dnf.conf file looks like it merely provides custom values for variables used by DNF.

You could try creating two template files, e.g. dnf.conf.DIRECT and dnf.conf.PROXY and then using an external script to copy the required file over the the existing dnf.conf as required (using the "-f" flag to ensure that the command does not wait for you to type "y" to confirm the copy!) For example
Code:
/usr/bin/cp -f /etc/dnf/dnf.conf.DIRECT /etc/dnf/dnf.conf
You could then see if you could add your script the "Startup Applications" which are run when logging into the desktop. A good place to put such a script would be under "/usr/local/bin" as this has all the SELinux labels and permissions already set to allow file execution and is accessible to all users!

Last edited by SteveGYBE; 29th March 2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Add SELinux considerations

Tags
configuration, mult, proxy