Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Community Lounge > Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream The place for you to submit reviews of all those applications you use with Fedora. The Devs probably aren't listening, but some times you've just GOT to blow off steam or sing its praises.

Old 23rd March 2017, 12:12 AM
SomeDamFool Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Crumbling Downloaders

About a year ago Kget stopped allowing me to change the name of a download. The default name is videoplayback, and if you change it you can watch it revert back to videoplayback right before your eyes just as the download starts. So I tried Uget, which worked well until recently.

Now it want's confirmation at every step and when exiting, despite having all the confirmation boxes unchecked in preferences. I even looked at the config file and it confirms no confirmations are set.

Code:
"UserInterface": {
		"ExitConfirmation": false,
		"DeleteConfirmation": false,
		"SoundNotification": false,
These seem minor annoyances but they are in fact annoying. I filed a bug report a year ago on Kget and today the site says my password is invalid, so they must have changed something. I was going to file a bug on Uget, but it gets old joining forums all over the place that I will probably never use again. So I'll just click all the confirmations and hope they fix it soon.