Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 26th May 2012, 09:15 AM
pedenski Offline

windows_7chrome
problems accessing LAMP in fedora under vmware

I have installed fedora as virtual machine on my windows, then installed LAMP. then put joomla inside /var/www/html - which worked fine and i can see the website running.

how do i access the site under windows? considering they work on the same subnet.
i tried putting the IP of the virtualized fedora on my browser but it doesnt seem to load the apache files.
Old 26th May 2012, 07:08 PM
Doug G Offline

windows_7firefox
Re: problems accessing LAMP in fedora under vmware

make sure there isn't a firewall blocking the http port. Also when I used vmware server the virtual machine network wasn't on the same subnet unless you set up the vm network as a bridged network
Old 27th May 2012, 01:01 AM
pedenski Offline

windows_7chrome
Re: problems accessing LAMP in fedora under vmware

hi there, thanks for the reply. i intentionally configured my vm as a bridge mode.
didn't think that firewall would cause the issue. i thought i need to configure something in the apache server.

manage to make it work by allowing port 80 in the iptable
/etc/sysconfig/iptables

thanks Doug.

Tags
accessing, fedora, lamp, problems, vmware