Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th October 2009, 05:09 PM
lewis41 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Per utenti italiani con Alice-ADSL (Excuse me for intrusion)

Buon giorno,
vorrei porre alla vostra attenzione un problema alquanto strano:
da qualche giorno alla Telecom mi hanno cancellato, senza alcun avviso il mio account di posta Alice-Mail che ormai usavo da qualche anno senza problemi. Dopo vari contatti con i tecnici del 187 per avere delle spiegazioni (senza alcun successo) ho deciso di ri-registrarmi al sito della Telecom per una nuova Mail.
La nuova Mail č attiva e funzionante tramite web, mentre dal client Evolution mi permette solo di scaricare la posta ma non di inviarla.
Ho provato a cambiare il server d'uscita, out.alice.it, con un altro server ma il problema persiste. Sapreste dirmi come fare per poter continuare a usare il mio client di posta ?

Grazie
************************************************** ************************************************** ****
Translation
My problem is with my Evolution-client that cannot send e-mails to the server provider of Telecom Italia.
The account works fine via web, it doesn't when sending mails from Evolution.
Till last week I had an account for many years with no problems of configuration or client, but the last week the provider deleted my account so after registering a new one I became with this problem.
************************************************** ************************************************** ****
Old 24th October 2009, 05:38 PM
glennzo Online
Un-Retired Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox
Hi Lewis41. Just a thought. My e-mail worked just fine for a few years and then suddenly I couldn't send any mail. I could receive mail just fine though. Turns out that my ISP, in it's infinite wisdom, decided that all smtp was blocked on the usual port (25?) and will now have to go through port 587. Once I made the configuration change sending mail returned to normal. Is there a possibility that this could be the case with your ISP?

Prego!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Laptop: Toshiba Satellite / Intel Core 2 Duo 1.73 GHz / 2GB / 160GB / Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME/943/940GML Integrated Graphics
Desktop: BioStar MCP6PB M2+ / AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core / 4GB / 1TB SATA / 500GB SATA / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1GB
Old 24th October 2009, 05:40 PM
forkbomb Offline

linuxgentoofirefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennzo View Post
Turns out that my ISP, in it's infinite wisdom, decided that all smtp was blocked on the usual port (25?) and will now have to go through port 587.
Pretty typical.

You can thank the spammers. ISPs are just trying to put their finger in a leaking levee.
Old 24th October 2009, 05:44 PM
glennzo Online
Un-Retired Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox
I understand and don't have a problem with it now. The only problem I had at the time was that I didn't know about it. I had to go searching for the answer. Once I figured it out and made the change I've never had to look back.

In fairness to the ISP, I probably missed several e-mails that were likely sent out informing me of the impending change.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Laptop: Toshiba Satellite / Intel Core 2 Duo 1.73 GHz / 2GB / 160GB / Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME/943/940GML Integrated Graphics
Desktop: BioStar MCP6PB M2+ / AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core / 4GB / 1TB SATA / 500GB SATA / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1GB
Old 24th October 2009, 05:46 PM
forkbomb Offline

linuxgentoofirefox
Hmm. 25 was blocked when I started my contract with my ISP. I was never really told going in what, if anything, was blocked.

Oh well.
Old 24th October 2009, 05:55 PM
glennzo Online
Un-Retired Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox
It's never easy, is it?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
aliceadsl, excuse, intrusion, italiani, utenti