Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:18 AM
mmehrwald Offline

linuxfirefox
No connection via WLAN

Hi,

I am using a Belkin WiFi stick on my PC. I can connect and have internet but after some time, the internet connection is lost. The stick is still connected to the AP (I can see it on the AP and in my local connections overview) but I cannot use the internet anymore. If I start a ping after I got a connection it will remain until shutdown. I am using F18 but had the same problem on F17 and a colleague of mine has also exactly the same problem with Raspian. He also uses a different AP then me so that's why I think it is a more general problem.

Thanks for any help,
Markus
Old 6th April 2013, 08:44 PM
mmehrwald Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: No connection via WLAN

A friend now told me, that this might be the power management of the stick but it is off so this should not be the problem.

Is there a separate power management done by the kernel?
Old 8th June 2013, 08:43 PM
mmehrwald Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: No connection via WLAN

This fixed it finally: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...9#post12621449

Tags
connection, wlan