Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 26th July 2012, 02:15 PM
lxman Offline

macosmidori
DPMS Continually Re-enabled

Becoming a bit annoyed here. Using the graphical configuration tool for KDE, I have disabled power management stuff. This is a desktop for my personal use, and I am not interested in monitor blanking. The screen, however, continues to blank.

I have determined that the culprit is DPMS. xset q output shows that DPMS is enabled. I run xset -dpms, re-run xset q and I see that DPMS is now disabled.

At some point in the future, I then go back and re-run xset q and now DPMS is enabled again. Some process somewhere is running and re-enabling it.

Does anybody have any clue as to what process might be doing this? I have grepped through the /etc directory and subdirectories and I have not found any obvious culprits there.

Any suggestions are welcome, as this is becoming rather annoying.
Old 26th July 2012, 02:34 PM
acidzebra Offline

windows_7firefox
Re: DPMS Continually Re-enabled

I used to have this - so annoying - so I added xset -dpms to my startup programs/scripts. I don't run KDE though so I can't help you on the specifics. Way back when it used to be /home/your_username/.kde/Autostart but this was 7 years ago ha ha.

Tags
continually, dpms, reenabled