FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 57 of 57
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Can't login after tonights update

    Quote Originally Posted by GoinEasy9
    We are forced to add extra clicks to our workflow. Are there more features coming, or are we stuck with a whole lot of eye candy with no advancements in usability. I don't mean for this be rant-like ... just stating the facts ma'am just the facts.
    That's exactly what I was wondering about Gnome 3 GoinEasy9. It just feels like half the functionality of Gnome 2 has been taken away and nothing useful added. The launch dock in Gnome 3 isn't new; I have AWN dock in Gnome 2. The screen that shows all the applications isn't new; I can select "all applications" in my Gnome 2 menu. Plus in Gnome 2 I can easily change themes and/or a myriad of desktop settings that I don't see in Gnome 3. And it does indeed take more clicks to do most things.

    I imagine when Gnome 2 came out there were similar discussions, but we are supposed to be advancing, not regressing. Gnome devs seem to want to compete with Enlightenment, but I see no need to do so.

    Just my $.02
    Fedora 14 KDE
    Linux Mint Debian

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Elsass
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Can't login after tonights update

    Quote Originally Posted by tdockery97
    I imagine when Gnome 2 came out there were similar discussions, but we are supposed to be advancing, not regressing.
    This is not the final release of Gnome 3 (I hope).

    What is unfair is that you can't switch back to compiz-gnome and in the "standard" mode there are a lot of applications missing. After reboot, you automatically fall back in Gnome 3.

    I really disagree with "if you want Gnome you must use Gnome 3 !".
    Last edited by Raphos; 12th March 2011 at 10:39 PM.
    Music is the Best : The La Radio

  3. #48
    tox Guest

    Re: Can't login after tonights update

    ok this time i did a reinstall. with the 64bit version, seems to running fine now, now hard lockups ( yet )

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    901
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Can't login after tonights update

    I did update my F15 a few hours before and now the boot stucks short before the GDM login manager would appear.

    These 2 lines are the last things I can see:
    stopping systemd syslog kernel Log Buffer Bridge
    Starting Permit User Sessions...
    Booting into console mode or booting of older kernel doesn't work either. Has anyone else this issue too?

    I'm back in F14 for a while.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Can't login after tonights update

    Fenrin, I have the same problem. After an update and (attempted) reboot, its stopping at the same spot. I have not found a workaround yet.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Manorville, New York, USA
    Posts
    1,677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Can't login after tonights update

    After the update, my F15 install stops at "Starting LSB: Start up yhe NFS file locking service failed, see 'systenctl status nfslock.service' for details". Then, I left it for a few minutes and it came up with, Network Manager failed, then abrt failed, both with sysctl status errors. <sigh>
    Registered Linux User #348347
    Have you been seduced by siduction? http://siduction.org/index.php
    Running Fedora 19/20, siduction and openSUSE 13.1 with KDE

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Can't login after tonights update

    I had the same problem and filed a bug:
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=689093

    But this issue turned out to be related to the latest update to rsyslog:
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=689089

    So basically, what you will have to do is:
    Code:
    # grep rsyslogd /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol
    # semodule -i mypol.pp
    To do this, edit the grub kernel-line by adding "systemd.unit=rescue.target".
    Alternatively, set SELinux to permissive in /etc/selinux/config.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Can't login after tonights update

    Thanks for the info tuxor,

    I used another system to set SELinux to disabled and was then able to login.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Can't login after tonights update

    Quote Originally Posted by jvinla
    Thanks for the info tuxor,

    I used another system to set SELinux to disabled and was then able to login.
    You should really rather use "permissive". Disabling SELinux completely might harm your label configuration. Of course, if you don't want to use SELinux at all anyway, this is the right thing to do.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    901
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Can't login after tonights update

    Quote Originally Posted by tuxor
    ...
    So basically, what you will have to do is:
    Code:
    # grep rsyslogd /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol
    # semodule -i mypol.pp
    To do this, edit the grub kernel-line by adding "systemd.unit=rescue.target".
    ...
    ok thank you. Now it works fine again. Booting only by adding systemd.unit=rescue.target was not succesful, but after adding 3 additionally for console mode it booted. And after entering these two lines it boots normal again
    Last edited by Fenrin; 20th March 2011 at 12:17 AM.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Can't login after tonights update

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrin
    Booting only by adding systemd.unit=rescue.target was not succesful
    interesting, because this was the way I did it

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Can't login after tonights update

    Quote Originally Posted by tuxor
    I had the same problem and filed a bug:
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=689093

    But this issue turned out to be related to the latest update to rsyslog:
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=689089

    So basically, what you will have to do is:
    Code:
    # grep rsyslogd /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol
    # semodule -i mypol.pp
    To do this, edit the grub kernel-line by adding "systemd.unit=rescue.target".
    Alternatively, set SELinux to permissive in /etc/selinux/config.
    Thanks Tuxor. Worked for me. I had the same problem using KDE.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Cant login after yum update in fc 11
    By krishnac in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23rd October 2009, 12:07 AM
  2. Can't login after update
    By Thomas_PL in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 9th October 2008, 10:44 PM
  3. Tonights FC5 http installls
    By SlowJet in forum Fedora Core 5 - Dev
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th March 2006, 03:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •