Actually, the sooner the better. Seems like you might as well get it over with and get started building up a nice system that actually meets your needs.
Actually, the sooner the better. Seems like you might as well get it over with and get started building up a nice system that actually meets your needs.
Aren't there external hdd's that connect through the usb port?
Please pardon my ignorance, I ask only for information.
Yes, and they're not that expensive anymore either. However, you probably wouldn't want to install linux to an external drive. I can't see anything good coming from thatOriginally Posted by bulgalien
![]()
Late response, but you never know who's looking for answers. This worked well for me.
Issue: I like small VMs, and a 'default' (RHEL 6) install on a 10GB partition gave me 4GB / and 4GB swap. Sheesh.
vi /etc/fstab
# comment out the swap line
init 6
lvreduce -l 13%VG /dev/vg_mysys/lv_swap
lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/vg_mysys/lv_root
resize2fs /dev/vg_mysys/lv_root
mkswap /dev/mapper/vg_mysys/lv_swap
vi /etc/fstab
# uncomment the swap line
touch /forcefsck
init 6
Voila!
Obviously the vg and lv names and the lvreduce % are my own examples, use what you like.
-Hugh