Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora Resources > Guides & Solutions (No Questions)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Guides & Solutions (No Questions) Post your guides here (No links to Blogs accepted). You can also append your comments/questions to a guide, but don't start a new thread to ask a question. Use another forum for that.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th September 2004, 05:19 PM
kiram9 Offline

Logitech (and hopefully others)Keyboard Hotkey HOWTO

After reading through many complex articles about how to set up non standard key support under linux. (for all those nifty keys on your keyboard like volume, home email etc) I found a really easy way under fedora. while it doesn't do quite everything i would like it to, this is the easyist way to use all those (previously) unusible keys.
First I tested this on a logitech cordless keyboard (part of the wireless optical duo) and found it to work.

From the start-menu-thingie go to preferences>Keyboard shortcuts

To use a special Key on the keyboard jsut click on the function that you would like it assigned, and press the special key that u want it to use, you should get a value like 0xdf 0xec etc... indicating that it has been recieved.

I only have tried this on a logitec wireless keyboard plugged into a usb port. If anyone else tries this and finds that it works, Please Post your keyboard make and model!

Tags
hotkey, howto, logitech, otherskeyboard