Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th February 2008, 08:05 AM
Axiom119 Offline

Window Manager + Kernel Update

I have a GeForce 7900 and I use the Nvidia drivers rather than the livna drivers because they perform better for me. I just updated to the most recent kernel, 115 I believe. When I rebooted, X complained of not having a kernel module for the nvidia drivers. So I re-ran the nvidia installer and had it create a module for the new kernel. Once that was completed I rebooted again and now my window manager is all messed up. The title bar is missing and I no longer have multiple desktops. When I click the "show desktop" button in the lower left corner it complains of not having a window manager running.

Any ideas?

I have tried uninstalling the nvidia drivers via the nvidia installer and re-installing the livna drivers but yum complains of dependency conflicts with the uninstalled nvidia drivers.
Old 8th February 2008, 07:05 PM
udev_dean Offline

My friend had the same problem after the update. He said run nvidia-config as root.

Tags
kernel, manager, update, window

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search