Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd February 2008, 11:53 AM
glennzo Online
Un-Retired Administrator

Almost funny

So Mr. Glennzo has never been a fan of bittorrent. Any bittorrent. If it's bittorrent only I don't download it. It's slow. Slower than a 56K modem slow. Useless, and of course I was always very quick to blame the whole bittorrent thing. Bittorrent is the problem. It's just crap. But now I'm changing my tune, especially since I've seen hundreds of posts where users claim to get blindingly fast speeds. Not here though. Not for Glennzo. It still sucks. But now I believe that it's not bittorrent that's at fault. I believe that it's Comcast. You see, I've been downloading a file, 498MB since yesterday afternoon. 12 hours now. With cable and ftp or http that download would have taken 15 minutes, maybe 20. This download is still going and I'm only at 38%. What the hell is up with that? At this rate the download won't finish until sometime Monday afternoon . Comcast / Bittorrent is a freakin' joke. Just ranting I guess, but it's sort of interesting that it's so slow. You'd think I was trying to steal national defense data.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Laptop: Just a couple of old single core units
Desktop: BioStar MCP6PB M2+ / AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core / 4GB / Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 240GB SATA 3.0 / 1TB SATA / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1GB

Tags
funny