Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th December 2007, 03:46 PM
gwar9999 Offline

upgrade to FC8 from FC7 stalls during check for deps

I'm attempting to upgrade an X86_64 FC7 server (w/ (2) dual core Xeon CPUs) to FC8. I have the FC8 x86_64.DVD.

After selecting to upgrade and update my boot loader (GRUB) it then performs a dependency check of existing packages. This check stalls when the progress bar reaches the "s" in the word "packages". There are no errors in any of the 1,2 or 3 consoles so I'm not sure what's going on. I had let it run for 6 hours thinking it might actually being doing something, but apparently not.

Any ideas on how to proceed and/or figure out why it is stalling?

Is a fresh install my only option?

Thanks!

Tags
check, deps, fc7, fc8, stalls, upgrade

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On