I have a PXE/kickstart setup to load a custom FC1 on a set of servers which works fine. I am trying to add a custom FC7 as well but without success. I think I have an initrd.img problem but I am not sure. Here is what I have done:
1) Loaded FC7 on the server via Live-CD with no issues.
2) Updated it to kernel 220.127.116.11
3) Used mkinitrd in /lib/modules to build a new initrd.img file
4) Copied initrd.img from server to my DHCP/tftp kickstart server along with vmlinuz
5) Created new ks.cfg for this server based on anaconda.cfg from /root on server
6) Booted the server.
1) I can see my kernel and initrd.img files downloaded to the new server via tftp.
2) Vast amounts of information displayed on console ending with the following:
RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
grow_buffers: requested out-of-ranger block BIGNUMBERHERE for device ram0
isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=ram0, iso_blknum=17 block=...
No filesystem could mount root, tried: iso9660
kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,1)
I feel like I am missing something basic but it eludes me. All help is greatly appreciated!
As a side note, is there a way for me to capture the messages scrolling by on the console? There may be a clue in the messages but I only can see the last few.