Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th July 2004, 08:34 PM
AliOop Offline

Question Small Form Factor...

At the moment I have to make do with an older PC to fill my linux needs. And like many on this forum, I get a bad case of NewPCitus from time to time. Because of financial obligations the dream of a new machine will have to do. But while dreaming, I've looked into some of the smaller machines offered, like Shuttle, Aopen, Soltek and others of that size. See http://www.sfftech.com/ . I know of some of the restrictions of the smaller form but still I'd like to get my hands on one. Since I'm not one to upgrade very often that would not be a problem. I get the impression that the SFF and minITX have a big following in Europe and Asia. The way I see it is if laptops can handle the job very well, why not the SFF or minITX? I'd like to know if anyone on this forum has had the chance to install Linux on one of these machines and what your experence were. If not, a general opinion would be welcomed. Opinions anyone? Thanks.

Tags
factor, form, small

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On