Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th June 2007, 10:53 PM
RBG79_Eire Offline

Networking - unknown problem, result = no network...

I've installed Fedora Core 7 (the latest one anyway) x86 64bit.

The system that I've got it on has a Core 2 Duo processor, 2gig ram, 80gbHDD and was already running a 32bit version of Mandriva 'Live' 2007.

Now the problem that I've got is that the networking won't work... The Network card (onboard) has been picked up, and the fact that there is a connection there has been picked up as well, however it does not 'just work' like it did when I installed Mandriva.

I've tried setting the ip, subnet mask etc and that has zero affect (ie instead of letting DHCP deal with that).

Anyone have any idea's what could be causing the problem?

This isn't a major upset as I can still run the server as I need to - it just needs I need to transfer everything on there with a usb key which can be a pain after the 15th dependency...

An alternative solution, should I be switching back to an older 64bit fedora for better support? - Note that 64bit is a requirement as the systems that we are to run on this box won't run on a 32bit OS (and the guys that wrote them are quite explicit about fedora/red hat despite the fact that they won't provide hardware support).

Tags
network, networking, problem, result, unknown