Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 6th October 2005, 06:15 AM
cyb3rkn1ght Offline

Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

Any one know if linux can be made to take advantage of this keyboard?

http://www.dvhardware.net/article6341.html

It has programmable macros, and an LCD screen. I would love to get one of these working. The LCD could display the hostname, uptime, messages, would be nice to have it work.

Last edited by cyb3rkn1ght; 6th October 2005 at 06:21 AM.
Old 28th November 2006, 05:48 AM
PseudoNym Offline

I own one of these keyboards ... haven't made any real effort yet to get all the lcd and xtra keys working on it yet but if you have a G15 also you might want to check out G15Tools for linux ... looks like it is possible to get everything working with a little work.

Nym

Lunar Outpost
Old 25th May 2007, 09:43 PM
leadgolem Offline

Has anyone actually done this?

I just tried and am frankly, very confused.
Old 3rd June 2007, 12:57 AM
sixtyniner Offline

i've repeatedly tried to get G15Ttools working for my keyboard, and I've failed every time with various (cryptic) error messages. But maybe somebody knows how to get it working.
Old 5th June 2007, 07:02 PM
leadgolem Offline

That would be great. In case anybody is interested, the keys I programmed on mine from the official logitech software still work in linux. That would seem to indicate some sort of internal memory.
Old 8th June 2007, 04:17 AM
leadgolem Offline

Even without messing with the logitech specific stuff I was able to set up volume control, next, previos, play/pause, and stop buttons. You can do this through system/preferences/personal/keyboard shortcuts.
Old 8th June 2007, 06:36 AM
sixtyniner Offline

so you're saying that by setting up one of the G keys with a command in the logitech keyboard config program or whatever, you were then able to use those recorded commands in linux? if so, that's promising, and i'll definitely have to try it. Maybe the logitech program can be emulated in wine? I'm sure that's far-fetched but I'll try that also...
Old 8th June 2007, 06:41 AM
sixtyniner Offline

um yeah.... wine doesn't help. bummer.
Old 8th June 2007, 07:58 AM
leadgolem Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyniner
so you're saying that by setting up one of the G keys with a command in the logitech keyboard config program or whatever, you were then able to use those recorded commands in linux? if so, that's promising, and i'll definitely have to try it. Maybe the logitech program can be emulated in wine? I'm sure that's far-fetched but I'll try that also...
That is exactly what I'm saying, though I had set the keys up some time ago in winblows. My more recent post was to point out that the media keys, volume play/pause etc seem to be recognized by fedora as unique inputs. For that reason you can assign them to there relevant functions in system/preferences/personal/keyboard shortcuts. At least that's where it is in gnome.

The system does pick up the pressing of an unassigned g key, but not as a unique key. They show up as f keys. I.E. G1=F1 etc... I'm not sure what they would do with G13-G18. Mine are already programmed.

Tags
g15, gaming, keyboard, logitech