FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    guv Guest

    Mplayer codecs

    Hi

    I've installed mplayer, the gui and the codecs (I've put all the codec files into user/local/lib/codecs) but upon trying to play some types of movie files I'm getting an error.

    For instance, when trying to play a wmv file, the video and audio plays ok and the wmvdmod.dll is in the user/local/lib/codecs dir, yet it still gives the error "ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec wmvdmod.dll".

    Any ideas?

    Cheers.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guv
    Hi

    ... (I've put all the codec files into user/local/lib/codecs) ...

    Any ideas?

    Cheers.
    I hope you mean /usr/
    You can also try to symlink the codecs folder to /usr/lib/codecs, /usr/lib/win32, /usr/local/lib/win32.

  3. #3
    guv Guest
    Yep, sorry, typo - I did mean "usr" not "user".

    /usr/lib/win32 worked for me, cheers.

Similar Threads

  1. mplayer&codecs
    By putineiionut in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th November 2006, 09:59 AM
  2. MPlayer codecs
    By ott0 in forum Installation, Upgrades and Live Media
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31st July 2006, 12:11 AM
  3. mplayer and codecs
    By stunter in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th July 2005, 02:25 AM
  4. Mplayer codecs
    By allensco in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27th June 2004, 12:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •