Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th March 2007, 06:01 AM
boboftheevils Offline

Very strange DVD burning issue

Hi,

I am about to lose my marbles and stack of blank DVDs. I have recently installed FC6 and all seems well. I had a lot of issues with Ubuntu (burning anything was an issue along with many other things). I have tried using nautilus, Gnomebaker, cmdline cdrecord, NeroLinux and Brasero. The DVDs burn, but then when I try to use them, they don't mount automatically. If I mount /dev/scd0 /media/cdrom, the disc mounts but dmesg shows errors. The DVDs I burn then don't work on most machines, but work perfectly my D600 work machine with Windows on it. This has happened with Suse 10.2, Ubuntu and now Fedora 6. When I burn DVDs through Windows they are perfect and will mount automatically when I boot back into linux. I have tried different media too. I would rather not have Windows on this machine at all, but I just can't get this issue resolved. I have googled myself senseless. Please help!

Dell 9300
nVidia Go 6800
1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, NEC 6650 DVD+-RW
Intel2915 WiFi

Tags
burning, dvd, strange