Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th November 2006, 01:26 AM
tweston Offline

Thumbs up FC6 on Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100

FYI: FC6 installs perfectly on the Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 straight off the DVD. No specal settings, no modifcations, no addons. Wireless works!! Screen resolution is correct!!

So, if you have one of these older Toshiba Laptops lying around, it's a simple way to get a Linux labtop!
Old 15th November 2006, 06:53 AM
cubicsilver Offline

I have a Toshiba 5200 with a usb synaptics touch pad (cpad) that is completely unusable.
The regular synaptics driver doesnt work. Found a driver that allows synaptics driver to work but i cannot get it to work/compile for the life of me. Ubuntu patched their kernel to have this work out of the box. No such luck with fedora yet...
Other than that, everything works on mine too.
Old 19th November 2006, 04:59 PM
GeMahn Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweston
FYI: FC6 installs perfectly on the Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 straight off the DVD. No specal settings, no modifcations, no addons. Wireless works!! Screen resolution is correct!!

So, if you have one of these older Toshiba Laptops lying around, it's a simple way to get a Linux labtop!
I too have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100, and I would have to almost agree that FC6 work great straight out da box!!!
But I'm still having an issue with the new Nvidia driver, seems I can only use the "nv" driver for any thing else gives an all white screen. Are you having issues with those drivers? I'm trying to get desktop-effects working, does that work for you?

I also have a Dell Latitude 6100 FC6 work perfectly straight out the box desktop-effect and all!

Tags
6100, fc6, pro, satellite, toshiba