Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th November 2006, 07:28 PM
agiveon Offline

There is no end to the problems...

ok.. so I did that (remember I created a 20GB partition).

The installer is running... now its giving me an error saying that the "your selected packages require 1844MB of free space for the installation, but you do not have enough available"

Are you sure it is installing it on the 20GB I created with BootCamp?
Old 12th November 2006, 07:34 PM
Greywhind Offline

Well, I did an Ubuntu install before Fedora, and I manually edited the partition table for the Ubuntu one (the Ubuntu install didn't work, which is why I tried Fedora). Then I installed Fedora and selected "Remove all linux partitions on selected drives and create default layout" and it worked.

So I don't really know what you should do if you're installing to a blank Bootcamp partition... either manually edit partitions (make one root partition and one swap) or try the "Remove all linux partitions..." option...

Someone on another thread said Fedora detected the Bootcamp partition correctly and installed to it... but I'm not sure which option they used...

Whind Games Website
Old 12th November 2006, 07:39 PM
agiveon Offline

This is too risky to play with... I cannot afford losing my OSX...

Can anyone else help?

Tags
fedora, installing, macbook, macintel, pro