Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31st October 2006, 10:04 PM
JakReloaded Offline

Red face Basic Samba Issues?

Hi Everyone,

Im a little new to the whole linux thing so bear with me!!

I have setup fedora and Webmin and samba all sucessfuly and DNS is working too so im quite impressed so far (heh). Now thats is all working i can access webmin on any PC on the network by DNS (iDevNet) and this works fine - yet when i try to map a samba share \\idevnet\homes for example it cant find the location.

When i browse the network i can see the samba server - yet when i click it - again it cant see it any more. Im sure its somthing silly but can anyone shed some light? If you need copies of any files (And where to get them too please? =)) let me know ani will grab them.

Thanks for any help,

JakReloaded

Tags
basic, issues, samba

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On