Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th September 2006, 07:30 PM
cwynn Offline

Connecting F3 HD to a F5 system as 2nd drive

edited 2:42 cst

I can view the F3 with the GUI "Logical Volumn Manager"

It shows F3 HD having two partions hdc1 and hdc2

I can mount hdc1 which is the boot partition... no help to me but not the Hdc2 partion....which is a real pain!!

Quote:
[root@localhost mnt]# mount /dev/hdc2 /mnt/test
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc2,
missing codepage or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so
help !!!!

I have a newly installed F5 system on it's own hard drive.
I want to connect the old F3 HD to this system so that I can transfer items off of it.

I leave the jumpers on the F3 as master drive and connect it to the cable used by the CD player. I disconnect the CD player and use the same connector that's on this cable to connect to the F3 HD. This cable is not part of the F5 cable. F5 and F3 Hd's are on seperate cables.

When I install the F3 HD it comes up as /boot on the system. I can not access it. It reports I don't have the necessary authorization. I use the same "root" password on the F5 and I used on the F3.

How can i get this F3 drive setup so I can just access it? I can not change anything on the F3 HD because I may need to use it as the primary drive if I'm unsuccessful transfering the data I need off of it.

Last edited by cwynn; 13th September 2006 at 08:48 PM.

Tags
2nd, connecting, drive